The information below comes from the statement of deficiencies compiled by health inspectors and provided to AHCJ by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. It does not include the steps the hospital plans to take to fix the problem, known as a plan of correction. For that information, you should contact the hospital, your state health department or CMS. Accessing the document may require you to file a Freedom of Information Request. Information on doing so is available here.
|OPTIONS BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SYSTEM||5602 CAITO DRIVE INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46226||Oct. 24, 2019|
|VIOLATION: FACILITIES||Tag No: A0722|
|Based on document review, observation and interview the facility failed to ensure adequate facilities for it services in 5 of 5 units reviewed (unit 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6).
1. Review of facility log, Daily water temperature 2019, indicated Tem (temperature) range - 105 f -120 f (document indicated temps should be 105 f -120 f).
2. On 10/24/ 2019 at approximately 0957 hours to 1120 hours, with N1 (Director of Risk Management) and N2 (Plant Operations Director) the following was observed. Multiple patient room sinks hot water temperature was tested on each of the following units. Units 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6.
Unit 1 the hot water faucet sink temperature in room 110, 99 F and in room 109, 102.5 f.
Unit 2 the hot water faucet sink temperature in room 208, 67 F and in room 207, 94.5 f. Room 209 had no hot water.
Unit 3 the hot water faucet sink temperature in room 311, 96.5 F and in room 316, 95 f. The hot water faucet in 314 would not stay on long enough to measure.
Unit 5 the hot water faucet sink temperature in room 508, 84 F and in room 509, 94 f.
Unit 6 the hot water faucet sink temperature in room 610, 91 F and in room 613, 76 f.
N1 and surveyor had trouble turning on sinks. N2 could get sinks to work. Unit 2 room 209, the hot water would not turn on.
3. Interview on 10/24/2019, at approximately 1114 hours, with N1 and N2 confirmed the following. Multiple patient room sinks hot water temperature was tested on all 5 units (unit 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6). The highest temperature recorded was 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit in one (Unit 1 patient room 109. The lowest temperature tested was 67 Fahrenheit (Unit 2 patient room 208). N1 and surveyor had trouble turning on sinks. N2 could get sinks to work.
4. Interview on 10/24/2019, at approximately 1059 hours, with N2 confirmed sink hot water temperature should be at least 105 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Interview with patient 1 confirmed patient was in room 309. Room 309 had no hot water in the sink. Patient had to go down the hall to group sink for hot water.