The information below comes from the statement of deficiencies compiled by health inspectors and provided to AHCJ by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. It does not include the steps the hospital plans to take to fix the problem, known as a plan of correction. For that information, you should contact the hospital, your state health department or CMS. Accessing the document may require you to file a Freedom of Information Request. Information on doing so is available here.
|SAINT FRANCIS HOSPITAL MUSKOGEE||300 ROCKEFELLER DRIVE MUSKOGEE, OK 74401||May 29, 2020|
|VIOLATION: INFECTION CONTROL OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES||Tag No: A0749|
|Based on observation, record review and interview, the hospital failed to ensure Covid-19 screening upon entry into the facility for two (Visitors A and B) of two visitors.
This failed practice has the likelihood to place all patients, staff, visitors, and communities-at-large at increased risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus.
Review of a document titled "Hospital Visitor Restrictions" documented advisement that visitors would be screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon entering any inpatient areas.
On 05/29/20 from 11:10 AM to 11:55 AM, surveyors observed the following:
1. Visitors A and B entered the facility's front entrance at 11:10 AM
2. Visitors A and B announced themselves to an admissions employee and stood in the front entrance lobby approximately 15 feet away and in direct line of sight from a facility employee seated at a screening table
3. Visitors A and B were directed by the admissions employee to cross the lobby, take an elevator to another floor, and navigate the hospital, unescorted, to the administration offices
4. Visitors A and B crossed in front of the employee seated at the screening table and were allowed to continue to the elevator without being screened
5. Visitors' A and B temperatures were taken and stickers provided during the entrance conference at 11:55 AM
On 05/29/20 at 11:45 AM, Staff C stated Visitors' A and B temperatures should have been taken at the front entrance upon arrival.
On 05/29/20 from 12:26 PM to 12:37 PM Staff D stated:
1. The facility screening process was to take a temperature, provide a mask, provide a sticker to indicate screening occurred, and log the visitor's name, temperature and the hospital location to which the visitor was going.
2. He or she did not screen Visitors A & B because they were wearing badges and thought they were employees who had already been screened.